Sunday, April 13, 2014

Weddings

You might not know this about us, but we love weddings.  What is more fun than an event with food, drinks, music and friends and/ or family celebrating love?  I personally think that people should hire us to come to their wedding.  Are people not dancing?  We will get them to dance.  And keep them dancing.  Contact me if you are interested in our services.

We had a lovely and exciting weekend celebrating and eating and be merry.  Today is a day of domestics and recovery and getting ready for the new week.  It was 81 degrees yesterday and it felt like we emerged from a cocoon.  We went into the city and had sushi with some lovely friends and were reminded of how wonderful Chicago is the in the summer.  Now it is raining and they are calling for a little snow tomorrow.  So the spring goes.

Tonight I am making these mustard chicken thighs.  I love this recipe that my dear friend Vanessa introduced me to.  I do, however, hate the name of the recipe.  (Is this 1950?)  I am making them with Ina's roasted potatoes and roasted cauliflower.  I recently started roasting all veggies in the oven as my preferred method of cooking.  Slathering their little veggie bodies in olive oil and salt and pepper and roasting in a baking dish with a lid on.  How did I ever do anything else?  One of the best veggies roasted in olive oil is broccoli.  Trader Joe's also sells a lovely mix of kale, cabbage, brussels sprouts, broccoli, and other veggies that is so good roasted.  Never boil or steam your veggies again!

No comments: