Tuesday, June 3, 2014

Summer Fun

Hi Dear Readers!
I have been too busy taking in the beautiful weather to sit at Jim's computer and blog.  I am not that sorry!
One thing I like about spending time with my lovely husband (when he isn't working too hard) is that we both like to be outdoors and stay active.  Even before we adopted Trooper Zika, we loved to take walks together.  Some of my favorite times together are when we are biking, hiking, walking, etc.  Hopefully we will encourage each other to stay young!
Last weekend we ran in one of our fave runs, the Lincoln Park Zoo Run for the Zoo.  We both ran the 10k option and it was a blast.  We stayed with friends the night before and started running on Lake Michigan bright and early.  I overheated a bit and did not get my best time ever (1:02), but it was still a lot of fun.
We are counting down the days: one week from tomorrow until our family vacation!  We are very excited to be spending four days in a condo on Siesta Key Beach.  I am already dreaming of my Publix sub on the beach.

No comments: