Friday, August 15, 2014

Week 15


Week 15

This week baby is around the size of an apple or orange!  It looks like a weird, tiny human.  I have been able to feel it moving (or I feel gas) which is exciting.  Confession about this picture: it was taken in the morning.  By night, I look 10x more pregnant because of all of the water I drink during the day.  I have already gained more weight than I would have liked, but I guess my body needs it.  And I can't complain because I just made a batch of peanut butter cookies, so I guess it's fun to splurge right now.  And that's what breastfeeding is for, right?  Jim also agreed long ago that when I had his child he would buy me an elliptical.  (My attorney said that verbal contracts are binding.)  I have been feeling much better lately.  I went on a lovely run this morning and got a bee in my bonnet and scrubbed all of the shelves of the fridge, so I must have some energy.  It's been nice to be pregnant in the summer, because dresses and skirts are much more comfortable as my waist expands.  We go for my next appointment on Monday afternoon, which will mainly been blood work and another Doppler.  I also have to collect my urine for 24 hours to get a baseline for my kidney function due to my blood pressure, which can be high at times.  (Don't look in our fridge on Sunday or you may see a large bucket of urine.)  In the meantime, we're just enjoying this beautiful summer.  (It was 46 degrees out when I woke up!  Is it pumpkin time yet??)

No comments: