Friday, September 5, 2014

Soup and Sammies

One of the best things about summer in the Midwest is the fresh tomatoes.  They make those weird things that they sell at the grocery store the rest of the year seem like mealy flavorless things.  Today I pretended I was an Italian grandmother and peeled and deseeded a big bunch of fresh tomatoes to make this Tuscan Tomato-White Bean Soup.  I skipped the croutons as I am making grilled cheeses to have with it.

I am at Week 18 and feeling well.  The second trimester seems to be pretty comfy so far.  I don't know if I posted that my blood/ urine/ etc came back all normal at my last doctor visit a few weeks ago.  We opted to not have the genetic testing done and are taking an ignorance is bliss approach.  I go back in two weeks for my next check up.  I am still exercising and keeping busy.  I even rode my bike to the gym this morning.  I have started looking for maternity clothes.  Right now dresses and skirts have been working fine, some of which are from before I was pregnant.  However, the weather will be getting cool soon (60s next week!) so I guess it's time to think about pants again.  Why aren't leggings appropriate for all situations?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Girl- when you're pregnant leggings ARE appropriate for all situations!!