Friday, October 17, 2014

Bambino Update

Actually, there's not too much to update!  I am at 24 weeks and feeling good.  My main complaints are acid reflux and feeling really full not matter how much I eat.  And a lot of vivid dreams and missing sleeping on my stomach and back.  But if that's the worst of it, that's not bad!  We went to the doctor this morning and had a 15 minute appointment (urine, blood pressure, weight, doppler.)  The hardest part for me (and I'm sure most women) is the weight gain, but that's part of the deal.  My next appointment will be the glucose test, which am not not looking forward to.  (I already asked if there was an all natural drink, but no, just the gross chemical water.)  Jim and I have both been able to feel the little guy or gal moving around.  Today I also toured my first day care and really liked it.   I am still jogging, working out, yoga-ing etc to stay well.  

We have a few top choice names but have decided we are keeping those to ourselves until the baby exits the womb.  Sorry, dudes, just like the sex, it will be a surprise.  Why?  No offense, but I don't want anyone else's opinions.  (Pregnant women LOVE both unsolicited advice and opinions).  And we also may change our minds the day we see the little kiddo's face.  Until then, you'll just have to hope we really don't name him or her Jimanda.

Jim's really excited to start getting rid of things in the guest room.  (If you don't know him, he LOVES throwing things away.)  We have our car seat, so by the new year we just need to have the pack and play and a few diapers, and we'll be ready!


No comments: