Monday, October 20, 2014

When You Love Someone, You Buy Them Velveeta....

.... even if it hurts your heart a little.

I am totally okay with kiddo food.  On Friday, I made homemade fried chicken fingers and sweet potato fries.  I was into it.  I used quality ingredients.  So when my lovely husband asked me for hot dogs and mac n cheese, I thought, I can do that!  I make homemade baked mac n cheese and it is wonderful (or so I believe.)  I buy organic, nitrate free hot dogs that are all beef.

And then he asked me for Velveeta Shells and Cheese!  Not Amy's Organic or Trader Joe's.  Nope, the old school Velveeta.  (Cheese should not come in semi-solid form in a pouch.)  As I wheeled my cart around Hyvee, I was worried I'd run into someone I know and they'd think it was a weird pregnancy craving.  To which I'd say, "I wouldn't let my unborn child eat that!!"  But my love for my husband won, and he does eat really well the majority of the time and got a clean bill of health recently.

And I'm making myself my own mac n cheese with organic whole wheat pasta and organic milk.  To each his (or her) own.