Sunday, November 16, 2014

28 Weeks



28 weeks!

And the password is.....

Diabetes.

(If I knew how to post videos to my blog, I would post a really funny SNL skit featuring Stefan and that line.  It doesn't make sense at all without it.)

I failed the one hour glucose test on Tuesday, so on Thursday I had to go in for a three hour glucose test, which was really annoying.  It involved fasting for 8-10 hours, followed by four blood draws and drinking a glucose drink twice as sweet as the first.  And then not eating or drinking after that.  And just waiting for three hours.  I sat in a recliner and watched the Food Network in the waiting room, which may have been cruel and unusual punishment for a fasting pregnant woman.  But then it was over and they called and told me I passed the second test.  Thankfully.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh, man! That glucose test is the worst. I am glad you don't have gestational diabetes though!