Thursday, January 15, 2015

37 Weeks

Jimanda is still brewing in there.  I just went for my weekly appointment today and had an ultrasound, nonstress test and check up.  I get the extra care due to my blood pressure.  At least it gives me an extra glimpse of the little guy or girl!

I am feeling well.  I am still working all week and would like to try to work as long as I can.  (Most of you may know that if I had to stay home for too long I'd either go insane or become an alcoholic or both.  Probably not great when you are pregnant.  And it should make for an interesting maternity leave that does not have an end date.)  Sleeping is not easy, but I guess that's probably how it's going to be for the next 18 years (or more), so I better just get used to it.  And I am still working out almost every day, which I think is good for me.  I am glad to have baby percolate for a few more weeks but will be glad to be able to sleep on my back again and looking forward to people no longer touching my belly.

I was lucky to get quite a few fun new cookbooks for Christmas and my birthday.  One that I've been diving into a lot is "How to Cook Everything Fast."  This fun book has a ton of recipes and quite a big veggie section.  Last night I made Pho, which tasted great (even if Jim told me it made the apartment smell like a "fish's butthole.")

Stay warm, my friends!

No comments: