Sunday, February 1, 2015

Have You Heard of Podcasts?

Around Thanksgiving, we upgraded our phones from the iPhone 3G to the iPhone 6.  It was to the point where my old phone wouldn't update or open apps and was pretty much just a non-smart phone, so it was very exciting to be able to use apps and other things.  One of the most fun things has been rediscovering podcasts, especially when I was commuting every day.  I would come home really excited to tell Jim about a podcast I was listening to, only to find that he had been listening to the podcast for months or years.  "Did you know that America's Test Kitchen has a podcast?!"  Was met with, "Duh."

I blew through Serial in a few days (did Adnan do it?) and am enjoying WTF but usually like to fast-forward through the intro and get to the interview.  I'm also into Invisiblia and Here's the Thing with Alec Baldwin. And of course there are the classics such as Fresh Air and This American Life.  If anyone out there has some fun podcasts to suggest, I'd love to hear about them!

We are enjoying a fun snow day at home.  We haven't had much snow this winter and it makes all the difference if it snows on a Sunday that you can be home and not have to drive if you don't want to.  We made Trooper go on a walk this morning and he's spent the rest of the day dramatically pouting on the couch after that.  Otherwise we're doing things like sharpening our knives (Jim), watching the blizzard blow by (Trooper), putting lullabies on my phone (also Jim), cleaning and lounging.  Later Jim is making us carnitas.  As most of you know, I dislike football, but I like football foods.

No baby news yet!  Whatever happens, this baby may be evicted by the middle of next week.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

There are some great comedy podcasts on earwolf.com. My favorites are Comedy Bang Bang, Professor Blastoff, Analyze Phish, and Who Charted.

Good luck with baby next week!

Amanda said...

Thanks!!